However, there was no combined dinner this year because Mama is still recovering from her relapse and she should not be travelling and tiring herself out in the process. So I had an equally nice dinner with my folks (minus my bro) @ our favourite coffee shop.
The birthday cake from mummy
My folks
Me cutting the cake. Coffee's at the side peeping over the table edge
Birthday pressie from The Hubby. I presume its a Supergirl title given for the fact that I am juggling two jobs, taking care of Coffee and still have time to scrub the home toilet floor myself!
Elle bag from my boss' boss. My boss carried this all the way back from Hong Kong.
Massage pillow from my boss. She said it's good for my migraine
Heart rate monitor from Henry. I have got no excuse not to start jogging regularly again!
Nicholas did this for me. It brought a :) to my face when I saw it.There are still a couple of pressie that frens mentioned they got for me, but we have yet to meet up :)
A lot of close and good frens remembered my birthday. I feel fortunate to have these frens in my life. I don't believe in having many acquaintances or hi-bye frens. I believe in having small groups of close frens to share life's joys and sorrows with; and to grow old with.
I also feel blessed that I have my folks to celebrate my birthday with me. As I grow older (and as they grow older), I no longer take for granted that they will forever be young and healthy. Often, it is easy to be so caught with being busy with my own life that I fall into the trap of assuming that my folks will always be there for me. I must learn to cherish them more and be more patient with them. To love is to cherish.
No comments:
Post a Comment