Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Foggia, Italy '08 - Food

This is a food post! Shows some of the food I had in Foggia - the best I had in Italy during the whole trip coz it was part of the wedding! :P

Pasta with green peas and spinach Pasta with beef stew Rack of lamb with fries Cheese platter Tiramisu with chocolate biscotti - I didnt touch the tiramisu coz I wanted to stay alive :P Cheese appetiser Zucchini Flowers with Cheese - very yummy! Mushrooms sauteed with olive oil Pasta in another form Roasted potatoes with spinach. I didn't touch that lump of meat in the top corner. Fruits straight from the farm for dessert Salami with cheese as appetiser Pasta in yet another form This looks like curry chicken but it is actually chicken cooked with tomatos and olive oil. I could not have enough of it!! Dessert!! The Italians are quite similar to the Japanese - they place soooo much importance on presentation. Some kind of ham as appetiser. Nice presentation! Pasta cooked with some kind of veggie with olive oil Tomatoes and mozarella cheese Hazelnut chocolate cake. The lavender flower was plucked fresh from the garden just before the cake was served. Attention to details!!

Darn! Writing this post makes me sooooooo hungry now!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful presentation. How can you eat so much and remain so slim? :)

-HL

Ryan said...

no pictures of soup ?!?!?!