The Indian adventure was a blast! The wedding was a very interesting experience because it was very different from what I would get to see in an Indian wedding in Singapore. When I came back, I am already thinking about which other India Indian friends I have that may be getting married in future so that I get the chance to attend one and visit India again! :)
There are many many rituals in a traditional Indian wedding. Most weddings lasts between 5 - 7 days. And on the actual wedding day itself, the rituals take place from 7am till 7am the NEXT morning! And to think that the bride is not allowed to eat at all during the whole day. I just count myself fortunate that I am not an Indian :P
This is during the Tilak ceremony 2 days before the wedding. Tilak signifies the bride's side consent and acceptance of the groom. Here, the priest is chanting some prayers for the groom.
Wrapping the head of the groom
This is the reception after the Tilak - buffet Indian style
A close-up of the embrodiery on the groom's wedding khuta
The groom getting his fingernails and toenails painted red!
Some rituals before the groom's procession to the wedding hall
The groom wearing the ceremonial headgear
The wedding car - Indian style. In the traditional wedding, the groom is supposed to arrive on horseback but I guess my friend decided to modernise the process...
There were three different bands playing different Indian music in the street procession. The procession was 1km in distance but with all the dancing and music, it took about 2 hours!
When the groom arrived at the wedding hall, friends and relatives mobbed around the wedding car...
Groom Ravi and Bride Neeta
Ravi and Neeta after presentation of the rose garland
The pretty bride in her wedding glory - check out all the gold jewellery
Wedding pressies for the couple
No comments:
Post a Comment