2006 in retrospect:
Sports
On the average, I managed to jog at least once a week throughout the year. There were months when I jogged 3 times a week and months when I didnt jog at all (due to work commitments!). So I guess that kinda average out once a week. Hee.
The Hubby and I completed Level 1 of our rollerblading class and we are able to rollerblade reasonably OK.
The Hubby
The Hubby worked overseas for the first time since we got married. He was based in Kuala Lumpur for 4 months during which both of us took turns to commute back and forth to spend weekends with each other. I stayed over at my parents' place on most weekdays when The Hubby is not around - gives me more opportunity to spend time with my parents and Coffee.
Family
I spent more time with my family this year. I visited them almost everyday and made it a point to set aside time for minimum twice a month family dinner on Saturdays. My brother travelled on his own for the first time; he went to Manchester. My mum saw snow for the first time in her life when she went to visit him.
Coffee
Coffee has become an even larger part of our lives. My parents love him and dote on him a lot. I got him tons of new toys and a new bed this year. He put on 2 kg this year.
Frens
I made the effort to catch up with close frens on a regular basis; send SMS to let dear frens know that I am thinking of them; took the time to listen; to lend a shoulder to cry on...
Travel
Shanghai, Sydney, Saigon & Hong Kong - those were the places I went to for work. For leisure, it was only to Kuala Lumpur & Krabi.
Business Class
Call me shallow or call me sua-ku but its also the first time I took Business Class on board a flight this year; and subsequently I went onto Business Class a few more times. I actually thought its quite bad coz how does one get back to Coach Class after that? But I later found out that its not too bad; I even took Budget Airline! We humans are really good at adapting to our environments.
Work
There were good days and there were bad days. August, September & October were bad months when I worked till at least midnite everyday. There were days when I feel like killing myself; and there were days when I felt much better.
Physical
My hair is still long and I put on 3 kg!! I have not grown taller.
Looking forward to 2007:
Sports
I want to jog at least twice a week on a regular basis; and no averaging this time round! I also want to start doing yoga regularly.
The Hubby
The Hubby will actually be travelling more frequently in his new job. He will still be based in Singapore but will be making frequent 2-4 days trips to countries in the region, specifically Hong Kong and Taipei.
Family
My bro will be back before Chinese New Year. He will graduate this year if he decides not to do his Honours. I am hoping to have enough money to sponsor my parents on a holiday this year. I want to do it for them while they are still healthy and are able to travel. I also want to bring a dear aunty to Bangkok (she has not been out of Singapore her whole life).
Coffee
Coffee will continue to be as naughty as he was in 2006. I am sure that he will continue to get many more new toys and treats in the new year.
Frens
I hope to maintain close contact with frens, making an effort to meet those that work near me for regular lunches, celebrate each other's birthdays, laugh more together and be available to share their sorrows too.
Travel
For 2007, I am planning Taipei, Beijing, Hokkaido & New Zealand for leisure :)
Work
The highlight for this year will be the completion of my contract in April!!! Finally!! My boss wants me to extend till June as we are having a Division Finance Conference in Beijing in April and I am supposed to conduct training then. I don't mind staying till June and then hopefully take the rest of the year off! Hee!
Physical
I want to get a new hairstyle and lose 3 kg in 2007. Also, I am planning to go for Lasik in 2H 2007.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Goodbye 2006; Hello 2007!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment