Today is the last day @ work for me. The project has not ended but I have completed the original contract and an extension and the agreement I had with my boss is that I want to take time off when the contract extension ends on 30th June, 2007.
Therefore, here I am today, clearing up my things and leaving instructions to the project team on the things to do and follow up when I am not around. It seems kinda surreal to do that; I never thought that this day will come. The project didn't kill me - I survived!
There is an offer for a permanent position on the table but I am not so sure if I want to take it. I may take it in the end jus to come back to help out my boss during the upcoming budget cycle however, I am hoping not to stay on too long simply coz the company is paying me what I am asking for (and trust me, what I am asking for is NOT a lot!). I know I know that money is not everything there is to a job, but if people come and tell you that money is not important, don't you ever believe them!
Anyway, my boss treated me to a nice dinner at Mezza9 @ Hyatt. The last time I was there was five years ago. We shared a seafood platter and a dessert platter - very nice! Yum yum! We had quite a good time gossiping about the folks in the office. Hee...
Come back again for updates on what I am up to during this "cho-boh" period. :)
Friday, June 29, 2007
The Last Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment