Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Healthy "Confusion" Food

Someone once commented to me that "Fusion" food should really be known as "Confusion" food coz it is really food that are cooked in a way that you end up not knowing what they are supposed to be and how they are supposed to be cooked in the very first place! I thought that was a very good one.

A couple of years back, "Fusion" food was really popular and restaurants serving "Fusion" food was popping up in all corners of Singapore. The fad died down and along with it took the downfall of these "Fusion" restaurants.

Recently, I had lunch with a close friend at a new restaurant that serves healthy "Fusion" organic food with a touch of Traditional Chinese Medicine in certain dishes. Both of us took a very long time to go through the menu (which can be classified as a "Confusion" menu coz I ended up quite confused about what to order after!) and in the end, we decided to settle for the 3 course set lunch!

This is the starter. The salad was quite nice considering that I am not a salad person. I cannot remember what the soup was supposed to be but I remember it as being a tad bland. Marks to be given for presentation though.

I had the salmon. It came with some aparagus as veggie and was served on a bed of what I think is brown rice (but I may be wrong!).

Dessert was ice cream served on a warm apple crumble. Quite nice! The restaurant has Bird's Nest ice cream which I would want to try the next time I am there (if the restaurant is still around then!).

No comments: