Friday, July 06, 2007

The first week

A wrap-up of the week of my non-working lifestyle:

Saturday
Woke up with a migraine! Sigh! Not an auspicious start to my non-working lifestyle. Went to Botanics Gardens for breakfast and a good walk around the garden with Coffee.
Caught the Transformers in the evening. I love it! It has been a loooong loooong time since I watched a movie and I want to watch it again as I stepped out of the cinema theatre. Watching the movie brings back childhood memories of my bro and I playing with Transformers when we were younger.

Sunday
Sent my parents off at the airport. They were going to Bangkok for a short break. So I will be a full-time dog-sitter while they are away. Went for a hot yoga class in the afternoon before spending the night over at my parents' place to keep Coffee company.

Monday
Cleared some of the clutter in the house. I never knew I had sooooo much stuff!! You know how people say that if you do not use something for the past 6 months, you probably do not need it for the next 6 months and more. Yeah yeah, but there are certain things that you do not throw away e.g. maps that you collected while holidaying abroad (you may go back to the same place again, you never know...); old namecards (for sentimental reasons and knowing that you once belonged to a specific company); negatives of old photos (you never know when you want to re-develop some of the pics again in future); etc etc...

I spent the whole day clearing and am only done with one room. There are still more to go! Spent tonight at my parents' place again.

Tuesday
Woke up with a migraine today again! :( Continued with clearing the house clutter. In the afternoon, I dropped Coffee off for grooming before heading for an afternoon hot yoga class. Picked Coffee up after the class. As I did not have the car, we had to walk back from the groomer's (which is about one MRT station away). Because it was so hot, that boy refused to walk. In the end, I had to carry him all the way back home! Imagine lugging a 7kg bag of rice in the hot afternoon sun!

My parents came back tonight. They had a great trip and could not stop talking about what they did and the food they had.

Wednesday
Started overhauling my bursting wardrobe in the morning. Had lunch with an ex-colleague. Thereafter, I went for a facial. Then I went jogging in the evening. It's the first time jogging after a loooong loooong time. P-a-i-n-f-u-l.

My parents are still talking about their trip!

Thursday
Continued with my wardrobe overhaul. Came to the conclusion that I really NEED more wardrobe space. It is no longer a Want; it is a NEED. Now I just need to convince The Hubby about this NEED.

Went for an afternoon hot yoga class before heading to a salon to do my toenails. :)

Friday
Went for a morning hot yoga class; I almost fainted!! I think my body had not recovered from yesterday's session yet and after today's session, I am aching all over. Which is also good in a sense since it means that I am pushing my body enough during the class. Went groceries shopping after the class to cook dinner for tonight.

So there goes one week. Time indeed flies when you are enjoying yourself! Just a random picture I took when I walked past the park at my place. A cat suntanning in the sun with the ground keeping him/her cool in the heat. He/She had the look of contentment and bliss before I took this picture. Everyday should be this good!

No comments: