Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lasik

After postponing it again and again and again, I finally had my eyes Lasik-ed. I did it at Dr. Jerry Tan at Camden Medical Center. Paid a premium for the surgery but he is supposed to be the #1 Lasik in Singapore, so I guess I am paying for the assurance and peace of mind.

Did my left eye on Dec 28th and my right (and master eye) on Jan 4th. So I actually did it over 2 years! Hee..I took time off work for 2 weeks coz I have heard of a real-life story where someone had his eyes short-sighted again after spending long hours in front of the computer after the surgery. I know that I cannot get away from the computer at work so I had to force myself to take time off.

During the 2 weeks, I stayed home on most days and rested. I had the time and the opportunity to clear out some clutter at home as well. It took a lot of restrain and discipline not to log into the Internet. That is also why I have not been diligent in posting on this blog coz I am not supposed to be using the computer.
Whenever I stepped out of the house (whether for a check-up or even just to the mamak stall at the corner to pick up the day's newspapers), I will be wearing my shades and a cap. I am super paranoid to the extent that The Hubby thinks I am crazy to wear the shades to shower! (That's to remind myself NOT to wash my face when I shower). Close fren Been said I looked like a celebrity while The Hubby thinks I look like a terrorist. Ha!

Celebrity or terrorist: You decide!

These are the different types of eye-drops that I need to put into both eyes at different times of the day with intervals between each different eye-drop.

This is the eye-shield that I had to wear right after the surgery on the way home. I also have to wear this when I sleep at night for @ least 1-2 weeks to prevent myself rubbing my eyes in my sleep.

I had to put so many kinds of eye-drops numerous times a day that I did up a schedule to help me keep track My home-made daily breakfast. Looks good and healthy!


My eye sight will take about a month to stabilise. Meanwhile, I can see both near and far, sometimes clearly and sometimes not so clearly. Thankfully, I do not experience any of the side effects of Lasik like very dry eyes, poor night vision, halos and so on.

For those of you who are curious to know, I had more than 500 emails in my Inbox when I got back to work after 2 weeks. Crazy!

No comments: