Friday, February 15, 2008

Auckland, New Zealand

After my 2 weeks off work, I started my first day back @ work in 2008 by boarding a plane bound for Auckland, New Zealand. It was my first visit to New Zealand. The weather was fantastic with clear blue skies; the sun shining every day and a nice breeze blowing in from the ocean.


View from outside the hotel


View from my hotel room. The units opposite are apartments for sale. You can also own a berth.

The hotel; taken from the apartments

Auckland Sky Tower at 192 meters
The Sky Tower elevator has a glass floor

A glass floor on top in the viewing gallery of the Sky Tower

View from the Sky Tower Another angle of the view

We took a ferry from Auckland to Wahike Island on a day trip. Very pretty island!

A bay on the island

The view from our lunch dining table

I had steamed mussels for lunch. Yummy!

Compare the size of the table spoon and mussel

I spent a total of five nights in Auckland. The air was clean and traffic was minimal. I liked the place a lot and would definitely want to go back there for a longer duration - a holiday perhaps? :)

No comments: