I went back to Hokkaido again, barely 9 months after my first visit. But it was a different Hokkaido that greeted me when I touched down at the airport.
First, it was freeeeeeeezing cold!! And it was snowing! The last time I saw snow was 10 years ago when I went for a holiday in Europe. So it was actually quite nice to see snow again despite my fingers and toes hurting.
Secondly, the whole landscape looks soooooo different! It was white everywhere! Everything was covered in snow and there was just sooo much snow everywhere.
It was a working trip; which means that there will coffee break in the morning, coffee break in the afternoon and dinner every night. I have been eating soooo much and not exercising that I can literally feel my jeans getting tighter! :(
Sapporo Clock Tower looking very different in winter
It was Sapporo Snow Festival the week before I came. When I arrived, all the nice snow sculptures were gone :( I only managed to see this snowman.
The view from my hotel room window on a typical snowing day
I feel cold just looking at this picture of the tree
Very fresh sashimi in Sapporo. Yummy!
Cold hairy crab
Cooked big crabs in soup
Oysters!
Compare the size of the oyster against the wooden chopstick
1 comment:
Sashimi after your next working trip? :p
Post a Comment