Monday, June 30, 2008

Kyoto, Japan'08 (Holiday I)

I had a full day to walk around Kyoto and soak in the temples and shrines culture. I had a great time just walking around, observing people, enjoying the good weather and sampling the local food.

Everytime I see a leading staircase like that, I asked myself in my heart if the staircase lead to heaven? A stone path in a quaint Japanese garden Saw a real life Geisha in one of the temples Entrance to a shrine Sake barrels @ shrine entrance Walking under the shrine threshold A typical Japanese temple You need to wash your hands and rinse your mouth before entering a shrine A prayer area in a shrine Traditional Japanese shops along the street Popular dining area in Kyoto - next to the river A Kyoto sunset I saw this in a Kyoto supermarket - chewing gum that helps one to relax?

No comments: