Monday, February 16, 2009

Chinese New Year 2009

The 15 days of the Lunar New Year is finally over! And I cannot be happier!

As I grow older, the Lunar New Year means less and less. To me, it is just a time to spend money without getting anything "physical" in return. At least when I go shopping, I get clothes, shoes, handbags, food, etc when I spend money.

But for the Lunar New Year, I have to give "ang pow" (otherwise known as red packets) to my parents and to some relatives. Inside these "ang pow" is money as a token for good luck for the new year. Of course, the amount of money can differ depending on who the recipient is. The ones for my parents are the ones that will make me bankrupt someday! But then again, I only have one set of parents who brought me up; who put up with all my nonsense all these years; who love me unconditionally; who supported me in all the decisions that I made (whether good or bad); who dotes and spoils Coffee as much as I would have;.....

Until the next Lunar New Year....

1 comment:

Ranzi said...

so far still haven't gotten any ang pows from you yet leh :(