I missed Waikin Chau the last time he was in Singapore and I told myself that I would catch him the next time he is in Singapore. Booked the concert tickets on the first day it went on sale - so I had pretty good seats in front :)
The concert started at 8pm sharp and went on for 2.5 hours without any intermission. He went off at 1030pm and came back for a 1.5 hours encore! Which means that the concert ended at midnight!
It was one of the better concerts I went to. He had a good rapport with the audience and you could sense his sincerity in his performance. He actually cried when he was saying the last song.
The stage setting for the concert. The theme was "Rooftop" so the stage had things which you would find in a typical rooftop
I like this style of his - casual setup with a guitar - non pretentious
His costumes are not as fancy but his rapport with the audience and his voice made up for it
Waikin got a very good review in the local newspapers after the concert
1 comment:
Cindy told me apparently u r a fan .... but i didn't believe her..... well, I guess your blog post says it all. Something new I learnt about u!!!!
Post a Comment