Monday, January 04, 2010

Seoul, South Korea 2009

The main objective of the Seoul trip was to run the marathon so I did absolutely zero sightseeing and absolutely zero shopping! Unbelievable but true! And to think that it was my first trip to Seoul!
Before the race, I wanna preserve my legs and didn't wanna walk too much. And I took the next available flight back to Singapore after the race. So this post is gonna be all about food, and lots of them. Food with tons of carbohydrates because I needed to eat more carbs before the marathon to prepare the body for the long distance and after the marathon to give the body enough nutrition and fuel to recover from the stress that I put it through during the marathon. I have never eaten so much carbs in such a short period of time!

My favourite sunny-side up breakfast @ Westin Seoul :) The first of many bim-bim-bhap - a Korean dish of rice and assortment of veggie Korean kimchi ramen - I still prefer Japanese ramen... Bim bim bhap These sushi rolls were huge and stuffed with ingredients! Dumplings Typical side dishes served in a Korean meal More bim bim bhap Yummy sushi!! Soba noodles Tempura Korean style - the serving was HUGE Kimchi Veggie soup - it was served cold....weird... The one and only Korean Ginseng Chicken I had in Seoul. I had to at least have one before I leave!
Deep fried prawn fritters - they were really good!
Vietnamese spring rolls The dip for the spring rolls looks like something that would come outta Coffee.....Ha! So sick of Korean food that I had Vietnamese beef pho for the last dinner there The last Korean ramen @ the airport for the road!

No comments: