Sunday, September 16, 2007

Health is Wealth

Yeah, we have all heard of this saying before. But being the youngsters that we are ( I still consider myself as young), we think that we are invincible. We think that we are infallible. We think that we are capable of achieving great things.

Well, we are but there is a limit to everything....

I was extremely sick for the past 5 days. I had a fever that refused to subside despite taking medication. The fever made my whole body ache. I had a blocked nose. The blocked nose made me wake up several times in the middle of the night as the body reacted to the lack of oxygen. I had a persistent cough. The persistent cough made my stomach muscles ache from the coughing motion. The doctor decided to put me on antibiotics on my second visit.

The days passed like a blur. There was no distinction between day and night. I just slept. I slept and slept. There were days when I could not even stand up. There were days when I ate nothing. There were days when I could not remember what I ate. It seemed so surreal.

I felt better when my temperature started coming down. The world became less of a blur. Coffee could tell that I was sick. He would lay down quietly next to me and I could feel his eyes keeping a watch over me. He would lick me; hoping that his licks will make me recover faster.

I am feeling OK now - the nose is still blocked now and then and I am still having that cough. But at least I feel well enough to take a slow walk to the coffee shop downstairs for dinner. I am just waiting to recover fully to start jogging again.....

No comments: