Wednesday, November 19, 2008

17 days.....

It is 17 days to the annual Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon.
If you remember, I ran the 1/2 Marathon last year and wrote about it in an earlier post. I felt great after the race and it was life back to normal the day after.

I decided to do the 1 Marathon this year (yes, all 42.195km of it). I was supposed to have done it before I turned 30 years of age, but I guess better late than never! :) I have been running regularly since I stopped travelling in August this year (but still not clocking enough mileage!). Running a full Marathon is not as simple as running two 1/2 Marathons. The human body is designed to take stress/work up till a certain point and anything beyond that is just pure pain. It is how we learn to deal with the pain that determines how well we run a marathon.

I am beginning to feel a bit "stressed" about the upcoming run. I guess the difference was that when I was training and running the 1/2 last year, there was no pressure and no expectations at all. I was just looking forward to running the race and enjoying it. It was my first long distance run after the infamous injury and I was very happie that I completed it.
This year, there are some expectations I have of myself when I step up to the starting line. Not only will I be aiming to complete the whole marathon injury-free, I am also gunning for a "desired timing". But then again, you see, these two aims/objectives are kinda in conflict with each other, right?

Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers! :)

2 comments:

Ranzi said...

first priority always injury-free hor :) Jiayou~!

Katharine said...

Jia You !!!