Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tokyo, Japan 2009

Was in Japan for 7 days for business. Was staying @ the Sheraton next to the Tokyo Disneyland.

Everyone told me that I was fortunate to be getting outta the hot weather in Singapore into the nice cool weather in Japan. I won't argue with that :) 17.7 degrees when I arrived.

This is the interior of the monorail that goes around the edge of Tokyo Disneyland. See that the windows and the overhead handles are in the shape of Mickey Mouse.
This is the shuttle bus that brings hotel guests to and from the hotel and the monorail station. Again, it is a Mickey Mouse inspired design.
I didn't get the time to go sightseeing on this trip. So the pictures I have are all of food, food and more food! The above is a maguro appetizer.
Fresh yummy sashimi :)
This is the first time I have eaten this. Raw ALIVE prawns. It was still jumping and moving when served on my plate! I should have taken a video of it.
Ika sashimi in angel hair style - it was cut into very thin strips which require a lot of skill from the chef.
My first try at raw squid liver
Crab sushi
Grilled Alaska crabs
Cold udon
Now, for the desserts. These are so pretty that I couldn't bear to eat them!
Green tea cakes
These are meant to look like sparrows
Meant to look like sakura
Orange mousse with mango sorbet
Green tea pudding
Now, the shopping! Some stuff I got from Fancl @ a cheaper price. And I was looking for travel-size toothpaste.
Goodies for Coffee! That lucky boy!
Some sports stuff, grooming stuff and stationery
Because I am allergic to the drink Coffee, I love drinking tea. The Sakura and Yuzu tea are seasonal. They are really good!
Chocolate & sweets and biscuits!
More sweets, chocolate & biscuits
Cuttlefish and more biscuits
Clothes from Uniqlo - much cheaper than the prices in Singapore. Looking @ them - I realised that I am not a person into bright colours at all.
I had to buy a box to pack everything in!!

No comments: