Friday, May 11, 2007

PEK Holiday Day 6

The Hubby and I decided to take a break from all the walking and sightseeing today. We met up with an ex-colleague for lunch and ended up chit-chatting with him for the whole afternoon.

We went to this restaurant that serves traditional Hakka food. Even the setup of the restaurant is quite "antique".

The 2 guys shared this non-Halal pork ribs dish

Stir-fried veggie with black beans & ikan bilis - something we don't get in Singapore

Very yummy salted chicken!!

Chicken with melon soup

The potent Yellow Wine that almost got me drunk in broad daylight!

Cheers!

The Hubby @ Sanlitun Bar Street. It's similar to what Mohd Sultan used to be in Singapore - its a whole row of pubs.
Dodgy looking hot coffee with cold whipped cream - ordered by The Hubby

I ordered fried eggs with veggie. The waitress mentioned some veggie in Mandarin which I did not understand. In the end, it turned out to be bitter gourd! Yucks! I hate bitter gourd!! But because there was soooo much salt in the dish, we could not really taste the bitterness in the end. It was more salty than bitter...

Both of us

We were given Fortune Cookies after the dinner - feels quite American :P My Fortune Cookie was made just for ME. It says "Eat more roughage". Haa!!

No comments: