Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sunny State

I was back in Singapore for less than 50 hours and then I was off to Orlando, Florida! It has been a looooong while since I took a long haul flight and I really was not looking forward to the layovers and jet lag.

My itinerary: Singapore - Bangkok - Los Angeles - Dallas - Orlando. 30 hours door-to-door including time for the layovers. I was a zombie when I arrived in Orlando.

I was so bored during the layovers that I decided to check out the different water coolers in the different airports. They cater for users of different heights! This is for short, medium or tall.

This is just for short or tall.

At the Dallas airport, I had a Burger King Whopper for breakfast/lunch/dinner (depending on which time zone you are in). Is it just me or is the burger in US bigger than what we get in Singapore?

This is the view from my hotel room in Rosen Shingle Creek Resort.

2 double beds in the hotel room. One ended up being a "wardrobe" where I dumped my stuff on.
Typical meal while I was in the US. I miss my fishball noodle soup!

@ Universal Studio. They actually block off 2 whole sections of the park for us. So we get to go onto the rides without the long queues! I took the Spiderman ride and the Incredible Hulk Rollercoaster. The 3D Spiderman ride was awesome while I screamed my lungs out on the rollercoaster. I made 2 new friends Aaron & Gaurav who gave me guts for the rollercoaster ride; pity I didn't get the chance to take a pic with them.

With my favourite hero - Spidey!

Hang - the new Vietnam-born American friend I made

Ordinary looking chocolate nugget

It has marshmallows and almonds in it! Yummy!!

I had this soba in the Los Angeles airport on my way back. This will probably taste ordinary under normal circumstances but it was the best soba I have ever eaten after a whole week of pasta, cheese and salads!

No comments: