Monday, November 13, 2006

Sunday morning with Satchel

I tried to attract its attention but it was oblivion to its surroundings. It seems to be looking for its mummy. I followed behind. It was not walking straight – it seems to be having some joint problems on its hind legs.

It was shivering when I finally managed to catch hold of it and carry it. It’s a boy, a very small boy; and he had diesel oil stains on his back. There were patches of bare skin on his body – skin disease.

The Hubby calls him Satchel, coz he looks like Satchel in the Get Fuzzy comic strip.

We brought him home and fed him milk. Then we brought him to SPCA. The thing about the SPCA in Singapore is that not all the strays brought in will be put up for adoption. Some will be put to sleep due to limited resources. I called up Action for Singapore Dogs, called up a number of frens but none were able to assist.

We could have brought him back to our neighborhood and let him remained a stray. But looking at how he was running all over the car park and crossing the roads, it will be earlier rather than later that he will be knocked down by some careless and heartless driver.

In the end, we decided to leave him at SPCA and hope for the best.


No comments: