Friday, June 23, 2006

Luv at first sight

I walked up to the glass panel. Some were jumping up and down; others were barking loudly; he was the only one sitting quietly at one corner and looking at me with doleful eyes. It was love at first sight.

But I was scared; scared of the commitment. It will be a long term relationship. I was not confident that I will be able to give him the best that he deserves. I was not sure that he would be happie and feel secure with me. I do not want to be unfair to him; I want the best for him.

Everyday after work for 3 weeks, I would walk up to the glass panel that separates us and observed him. I want to know how his character is like. I want to know what he likes to do when bored. I read up about him. I even went to other places to see if its just him that I wanted or was any of his other frends good enough.

At the end of 3 weeks, he was transferred to another shop becoz no one wanted him. The new location would increase the changes of someone getting him. I found out about it and rushed down. Despite being in a new location, he still looked the same. I couldnt decide; I didnt have the guts to decide. The Hubby, who was with me at that time, suggested we go and think about it over dinner. I was crying throughout the dinner. I know he will be taken soon but yet I still wasnt convinced I will be able to give him the best. Then I told The Hubby that I wanted to go say a final farewell to him for the last time. We went back to the shop.

At the shop, I cried and cried, not being able to bear the thought that I will never lay my eyes on his doleful eyes again or to hold him in my arms. It was then I decided that I am getting him. I called up the first shop and requested them to transfer him back. The Hubby and I then drove back to the first shop.

I waited anxiously for him to arrive. When the door opened, he rushed through and ran towards me. I also heard him bark for the first time. He was so happie; his tail was wagging so hard!

That is how Coffee came into my caffeine-free life.

1 comment:

felicia said...

so touching.. sob.. sob..