Monday, June 19, 2006

Spring-cleaning

I have finished unpacking my stuff from my Oz trip; well technically at least. You see, the suitcase is already empty and it is back in its storage position in the store room. However, according to The Hubby, what I just did was to transfer the loads of stuff that I bought in Oz from the suitcase to one corner in the living room. But the milestone for me was to clear the suitcase, then I could at least check that task off my never-ending list of chores to do at home.

My mum was very sick on Saturday evening - she was vomiting and feeling faint and breaking out in cold sweat. I have never seen her so sick before. As I was driving and hearing her retching and vomiting at the back of the car at 1030pm on the way to the doc's, it suddenly dawned on me that if anything untoward happened to her, it would just turned our lives upside down! Thank God - she was recovering nicely on Sunday after a potent injection and some even more potent medication.

I woke up on Sunday morning feeling exhausted from the "drama" of the previous night. I was also feeling a tad scared. You know how sometimes when you think your life is going "ok", you feel that something terrible has to happen.....I had a conversation with The Hubby on the way to breakfast on Sunday.

Me: Aye, you know, its so scary. I have never seen Mummy so sick before. I wouldnt know what to do if something happens to her. You know how it is; sometimes when your life is going well, you feel that something terrible has to strike to balance things.

The Hubby: Your life going very well now ah?...

Me: No lah! Of course not very well lah, but you know, okie lor. I have a job, a loving hubby, an adorable doggie, loving family, good friends, tons of clothes, many pairs of shoes, handbags from different animals (The Hubby always laments that I kill one animal with every handbag I buy)...

Of course, there are still certain things which I wish I can change, there are certain things that I want to do and of cosh, I can do with more handbags, shoes, clothes and so on....But I guess generally I should be thankful...

The Hubby: Oh! So you do realise that you have a lot of handbags and shoes and clothes ah?

Me: Aiya, that's not the point of this conversation lah!

So my attempt to have a deep soulful conversation with The Hubby ended thus. But that reminds me that I should really get my act together sometime soon to do some spring-cleaning. My wardrobe is really bursting at the hinges and I have exceeded my alloted space in the shoe cabinet and have secretly invaded into The Hubby's space. And I still have not found the perfect place at home to store my handbags properly.

I should also start spring-cleaning some parts of my life in terms of meeting up with old friends and catching up; burying hatchets and mending wounds, saying sorry and moving on. It's easier said than done but I should start doing it before it's too late.

1 comment:

felicia said...

wish ur mummy a speedy recovery..

speaking of spring cleaning.. school holiday is ending soon and i haven't shifted my furniture yet! sigh..